Australian Beverage Corporation
Company: Australian Beverage Corporation
Industry Type: Wholesale Distributor (Food & Beverage Equipment)
About Australian Beverage Corporation
Australian Beverage Corporation is the leading distributor of several global coffee equipment brands and provides tailored coffee solutions and national service.
Australian Beverage Corporation represents the global leader in fully automatic coffee machines in Australia, with 90% of their business focused on coffee systems. After using NetSuite for a long time, ABC had reached the limits of native Netsuite functionality and needed to extend the NetSuite platform with a field service management tool.
- Service was a combination of paper and electronic based systems. These systems did not integrate, impacting revenue and end-to-end job completion.
- Scheduling was done via an electronic calendar not linked to real time-job completion, so it was difficult to know whether jobs were completed or not.
- Recording work done and spare parts consumed on jobs was reliant on techs in the field adding to their sheets, so if parts were not properly recorded, customers were not billed.
- Processing jobs was very time consuming and data entry intensive.
- Quality of paperwork impacted overall data integrity.
- Existing script for serialised tracking was a barrier for adopting new bolt-on functionalities.
“NextService has been the best thing we’ve implemented in Service to date. It’s simple, quick and user-friendly.” Geoff, Lead Technician
Why did you choose NextService?
During the evaluation, ABC found NextService to be a polished product, well-rated and well regarded with good reviews. ABC felt their business was very aligned to the creators of the software, with the NextService product originally designed to enhance technician capabilities and client case management for a similar high-value, German equipment business. The partnership with Next Technik, therefore, seemed like a very good functional and cultural match. The Scheduler was a big plus and very user-friendly, leagues ahead of the other applications they evaluated. It was also important for ABC to have a local implementation done out of Australia, within the same time zone for ease of intensive development and ongoing support. Critically, Next Technik had the smarts and professional goodwill to work with our existing scripting, which enabled our business continuity and maintenance of historical accuracy across all our serial tracking.
“NextService has been a game changer for our service business. It has given us the visibility and control to bring the next level of value and ease-of-use to both our clients and our technicians. Working with Next Technik team has been a pleasure. Their level of technical skill, business know-how and responsiveness to our needs for customisation, as well as maintaining their industry edge with platform improvements, continues to delight our team and exceed our expectations.” Christophe, General Manager
- Multiple, disparate electronic and paper-based systems now integrated into a single, seamless cloud-based system on Netsuite.
- Jobs needing additional admin to solve data issues have gone from 90% to 10%.
- Having maintenance agreements pre-planned in NetSuite has made it easier to keep on top of jobs, particularly for large projects.
- For technicians, performance dramatically improved by displaying comprehensive customer information, historical work done on machines, as well as simplified information and image capture. The interface is beautiful, easy to use and compatible across any mobile device they prefer to choose.
- For customers, the balance of break down repairs has shifted more towards scheduled maintenance since implementing NextService, with more time to focus on proactive jobs rather than reactive ones. This results in smoother, continuous operations for their sites.
- For the management team, accurate reporting – particularly NextService Profitability Reporting – by combining collected field service data with relevant sales and case data helps us get true visibility to refine pricing, returns and re-evaluate KPI’s for both technicians and sales teams.
‘NextService has made my job immeasurably easier.’ Amanda, Service & Special Projects Coordinator
- Scheduling now takes a fraction of the time with the drag and drop schedule board.
- 60% improvement in getting invoices out and receiving payment for jobs in a timelier manner – jobs are invoiced within a week, versus 2-3 weeks due to delays in paperwork.
- Time more than halved to process jobs. This used to take 5-10 minutes per job – with NextService this has reduced down to 1-2 minute to check and click a button to create an invoice (more than half).
- Time more than halved for technicians with not having to write out paper job sheets.
- Time more than halved in spare parts dispatch for technicians on scheduled works.
- All service jobs are now in real-time across our entire network – what we see is what we get, now all at-a-glance on the scheduler.
- Much better control and visibility over spare parts used and serialised item traceability (e.g. spare parts and equipment codes commonly have 12 digits, if one digit was written down wrong, technicians and admin would be guessing which one it was!).
- Inventory adjustments due to incorrect or missed entry dramatically improved.
Explore NextService for your business
Find out more about how NextService could transform your field service operations.
Book a demo with one of our experts today or download our product brochure below.