Staff Accountant (USA)
Last updated: 13 September 2022
The position is responsible for maintaining the finance function for selected companies. The role maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts, posting transactions & ensuring legal requirements compliance. Additionally, the Staff Accountant supports the CFO in all areas of the Finance teams’ responsibilities including processing, reporting, compliance and financial systems administration.
|Position Title:||Staff Accountant|
|Position Reports Role:||CFO|
• Contribute to the efficient running for the finance team by assisting the CFO as needed.
• Ensure that financial records are maintained and deliver accurate reporting.
• Efficiently process financial records promptly to ensure up to date management reporting
• Reconciling reports to third-party records such as bank statements.
• Process accounts payable, accounts receivables, payroll and general journal.
• Managing and processing payroll, leave and entitlements
• Conducting daily banking activities
• Producing various financial reports
• Process new sales orders and customer renewals.
• Ensure legal compliance of transactions and monitor internal controls.
• Perform debtor function and escalate outstanding invoices.
• Assistance with generation of month end management reporting including cash flow
• Complete bank reconciliations.
• Collecting and depositing customer checks.
• Calculate sales commissions.
• Assist external accounting with the preparation
• Assist with NetSuite financial systems administration (chart of accounts, currencies, financial
report writing, saved searches, key performance indicators, dashboards).
• General office management and admin
• Ad hoc duties as required.
Experience & Qualifications
• Relevant tertiary qualification
• 3+ years’ experience in relevant industry and role.
• NetSuite ERP desirable.
• General accounting and business acumen.
• Technical problem-solving aptitude.
• Practical hands on attitude and leads by example.
• Strong communication skills.