UX / UI Designer
Last updated: 30 November 2020
Energetic UX / UI Desgner Wanted!
As the UX / UI Designer you have total responsibility for ensuring that our flagship solution NextService delivers an outstanding user experience with an exceptional and intuitive application design.
|Position Title:||UX / UI Designer|
|Position Reports Role:||Chief Technology Officer|
User experience is everything, happy customers is the goal. If you have a passion for creating an amazing user experience then please get in touch, you will not be denied.
We are past MVP and have achieved customer and market fit. Post revenue, profitable and growing at 100% year on year.
Now time to accelerate product development.
- Evoke joy by creating an easy and engaging user experience. The most common feedback we want to hear is “I really enjoy using it.”
- Make users promoters thorough awesome design that mobilizes them to tell others about the product
- Solve problems, provide what is needed before requested, do not make the user think. Create an experience which is so convenient that users will want to quit their jobs if the app is taken away
- Developing and conceptualizing a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for the brand
- Create, maintain and adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and image
- Gather, evaluate, and prioritize user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Participate in ideation and communicate to stakeholders feature ideas by using storyboards, process flows and application maps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, widgets, transitions, and notifications
- Create a seamless navigation experience which transitions users though activities with minimal use of menus
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how apps function and what the experience will be like
- Create original graphic content (e.g. images, sketches, and tables) for use by product engineering
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Provide advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities to analyse and predict user behaviour
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- 6+ year proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; preference for product design or engineering or applicable industry experience
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit, effective communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Ideally worked in the Field Service app space and/or on the Oracle NetSuite or Salesforce platforms for app development
Aside from joining an exceptional team that truly embodies our core values — Customer Focus, Quality, Innovation, Ownership, and Integrity — here are some of the benefits you will enjoy as a Next Technik team member:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Effective your first day of employment
- Ample health and dental programs from which to choose
- Generous PTO, as well as 9 paid holidays
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Opportunity for remote or hybrid work scenario
- 401k + percentage company match
- Numerous other optional benefits