Business Development Representative (USA)
Last updated: 01 March 2022
Are you a Business Development Representative?
The primary responsibility of the Business Development Representative is to research and prospect businesses with the goal of generating qualified opportunities for our sales team. This is a customer-facing role with a clear focus on achieving results and generating revenue.
|Position Title:||Business Development Representative|
|Position Reports Role:||Global Marketing Manager|
- Complete 75 outbound activities a day between calls, emails, social selling, direct mail.
- Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Achieve weekly, monthly, and quarterly marketing and/or sales qualified opportunity quotas.
- Partner with our marketing team to prioritize and select accounts to target, including campaign respondents, website visitors, event participants, target qualified businesses.
- Effectively communicate with potential prospects at all levels, from managers through C-level executives to address business needs.
- Build and nurture business relationships, particularly with territory AE’s and the channel partner team.
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with other team members to meet shared objectives.
- Establish yourself as an expert in NetSuite and field service management.
- Continuously maintain and update sales and marketing automation systems.
- Self-directed with a strong sense of personal ownership or accountability.
- Resilience in face of rejection; ability to overcome objections.
- Willing to embrace all learning opportunities and proactively seek feedback.
- Problem-solving skills and creative approach to new challenges.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Fearless use of the telephone when attempting to connect with prospects.
- Desire and drive to advance your career in technology sales.
- Detail-oriented with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strongly developed set of personal and professional ethics.
- A good sense of humor. We believe your job should be fun.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Highly competitive desire to reach and exceed goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required for the Business Development Representative role.
- Experience working within the software industry, preferably in a sales or marketing capacity.
- Familiarity with ERP and/or field service management software, such as NextService.
Aside from joining an exceptional team that truly embodies our core values — Customer Focus, Quality, Innovation, Ownership, and Integrity — here are some of the benefits you will enjoy as a Next Technik team member:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Effective your first day of employment
- Ample health and dental programs from which to choose
- Generous PTO, as well as 8 paid holidays
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Opportunity for remote or hybrid work scenario
- 401k + percentage company match
- Numerous other optional benefits